Friday, January 22, 2010

my love hate relationship with gyms in spain

I recently joined a new gym in Motril. As much as I miss the all women's gym I was at before...this one has more machines and space. I have only been a member for a week and within the past week I have come up with some reasons why I both love and hate the gyms in Spain.

uno. All of the attractive men are either under 18 or gay.

dos. The outfits: a mix between the 80's and horrible taste in fashion.

tres. All of the instructions for the machines are in English. it's helpful. and, speaking of English, it's great when no one (or so we think) can understand us when we judge their outfits or make comments when the meat heads are constantly looking at their abs in the mirrors.

cuatro. There are no cleaning supplies. Imagine all of germs on the machines...ew.

cinco. The hours of operation: of course they are closed during siesta (from 1:00-4:00) and on the weekends. Who wants to exercise on the weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment